Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Journey Begins

It starts. Well, It's already started. It's been a long journey until now. I have quite the long journey behind me. And yes, it's going to be long journey ahead of me too. But, isn't life a long journey? You betcha.

You all have your journeys too. With weight. With looks. With beauty. We question. We seek. We avoid. We chase. We want to attain. We want now. We have a destination. What does your destination look like? I bet you know in your head your destination. But is IT REALLY what you want?

I had a destination in my mind at 15. That destination led to anorexia and bulimia...and probably one of the most negative times in my life.

I had a destination in my mind at 18. It was the exact opposite of what I had earlier. It lead to extra weight and lots of fear. It's taken a long time to chip away at that fear. It's not all gone even now.

I've had a destination in my mind for a long time (cough Nicole Kidman cough) but finally...over and through my training and education and reading and learning of the past two years.

Finally
Finally


The destination is not what I'm really after...or at least, it looks different than it ever has before. More important than my destination is the journey...every single day...of being my best self.

I thought of putting up some of my goals here. And I will. I thought maybe I should tell you how much weight I want to lose. Though, I'm debating what the right number is for me. In fact, I'm debating whether or not to put a number on it at all. I thought of posting the photo of the bathing suit I want to wear the next time I sit at the beach. And well, maybe I will, but maybe I won't get that suit either.

I do, however, want to be real. I want to discuss the science behind our minds and why it's so hard to change.

I'm going to be super vulnerable about the battle of my every day brain and the fights that go on...every single time I eat.

So, if you're ready for that. Well, then let the journey begin. Glad you could join me.

7 comments:

Dottie! said...

Whooo!! Bring it on! :D

Ninny Beth said...

I have something to share someday very soon. My weight loss journey (75 pounds so far) has been slow and real. But more than the lost weight is the revelation about this vessel that belongs to me. I have things to say and learn. I'm here.

Stella said...

Wonderful. I'm thinking of having MANY guest posts and if you'd like me to consider you as a permanent contributer, send me an email. We've all got A LOT to learn from each other!

Tracey Axnick said...

SuperNova, you KNOW I love you, but I will NOT be reading a post about your Fleet Enema.
Thank you and good night.

PS: Remember to tip your waitresses. :)

jo said...

i can't wait to read more! this is going to be so inspiring for me. i've also struggled with weight my whole life. i've put it on and taken it off and put it back on a few times now, so obviously i have lessons to learn. i can't wait to hear what you have to say!

Melissa said...

Stella-- I LOVE that you're doing this. The battle for weight is so difficult and I to am on a journey to discover a thinner, but more importantly, a healthier me. I'm 60 lbs closer than I've ever been and I've been able to maintain my weight loss!! Even over Christmas!! Woohoo! That was a huge accomplishment for me!! I'm excited to take this journey with you!♥

Stella said...

Melissa! I can't wait to hear that story! Want to do a guest post! Ah, so many of you are so inspiring to me. I love that you are here and supporting me. I really really mean that!