Friday, January 22, 2010

Shout Out to Turmeric!!


I learned the benefits of Turmeric the hard way. And this may be too queasy for some of you...so fair warning. I had a boil...in the worst place you can imagine. A place that rhymes with hut. It was painful. It was last year in January. It was the most awful experience of my life, until I got another one in October. I'd never had them before. They were FREAKING huge and made my life a living hell.

I did A LOT of research on how to get rid of them. I learned that many people get boils and get swollen joints and feel puffy from time to time. One of the best cures for this is a dose of Turmeric. Many people put it in tea, but it turned my cups and my tongue super yellow and I didn't like the taste. So, I bought empty gel capsules from Whole Foods and filled them with some organic Turmeric and away we go. It brought down my swelling and pain in a matter of hours. (though I was taking LOTS of it!)

I take one to two capsules full a week now....as a prevention to more boil outbreaks and for the 20 Health Benefits of Turmeric listed here! Take a look!

YAY Natural Remedies!!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Interesting! I might have to try this! Thanks!