Saturday, January 23, 2010

Make Your Water Happy


To make my water happy, I've taken to adding a drop of some essential oils. My favorite one: Peppermint. I add a drop of it to my morning tea (which right now is a new kind that I'll blog about in a later post). It makes my wonderful water happy. I also really like Grapefruit and Lemon oil in my water too. It gives your water flavor. It makes it more fun to drink, and at the end of the day you've had a lot more water than you realized. This is WITHOUT any added calories or anything negative. It's pure essential oil which has a lot of benefits. Peppermint oil, for example, is REALLY good for your digestive system.

I've been learning lots about water. My story echoes the story of my friend Linda (who shares her story with water here). You should read it. There is A LOT to learn about water. Right now I feel so blessed because I'm living in a country that has one of the purest water supplies in the world. It just runs down the mountains an into my glass each morning. It's the best water I've ever tasted. It invigorates me and makes me more energetic that I thought water could. It tastes SO much better than the water I drank in the western states. It's pretty amazing. I'm really going to miss it when I leave here. I wish I could take it with me somehow!

But, if you're at a point where you can't do much about what water you're drinking...at least try adding some essential oils to your water. It will make you happy.

(lots more on essential oils to come as I learn about them!)

1 comment:

Dottie! said...

When I worked at the spa we had jugs of water with sliced oranges, limes or cucumber in them. That made the water super delish!