Monday, January 25, 2010

Master Cleanse--on the journey..


I've had a few inquires into doing the master cleanse. Basically, it's the known as the "lemonade" diet. You've heard of it. I remember telling a few people I was doing it and being meet with totally raised eyebrows. (other link here)

In a nutshell, it's not really for long term weight loss, but it can be if you don't return to the same old habits. Yes, you do lose weight on it, but that's not why I'm doing it. I'm doing it to get rid of sugar addictions, to get a handle on food consumption, to listen to what my body really needs, to get rid of all the uric acid that builds up, to make my joints supple, to get rid of the cracking in my ears, to get rid of the crackling in my knees and ankles, and to feel a hell of a lot better.

But to feel better, you usually feel worse first. The first few days of the cleanse can be pretty rough. For me, it usually feels like I have a cold coming on, mucus constantly drains from my head, I feel a little sick, but much lighter than ever. I get a headache too, if I don't drink all my juice.

The longer you do the cleanse, the more results you'll see. I have done it for 10 days before. This time I want to do it for 21, but I have to see how things go. Many people have done it for 40 with incredible results.

Benefits I have seen:

1. A ridding of mucus in my nose and throat and ears. Those of you who know me know that I have a major battle with my inner ear.
2. My joints stop cracking and popping because they have been rid of Uric Acid (the known cementer of the joints! It builds up from eating a white flour based diet.)
3. My hair grows faster and feels fuller
4. My nails get stronger
5. My eyes and skin get clear and radiant
6. I have great mental clarity and focus
7. I feel lighter, I can exercise easier and find I'm more motivated and have more satisfying work outs.
8. I don't crave sugar or processed foods.
9. My body gains the ability to listen to itself and see when it's really hungry and what it's really craving.
10. You do, in the end, lose some weight and feel really good.


This explains a bit about toxins and uric acid--

3 comments:

Nubian said...

The only time the Master Cleanse worked for me was when I was actually checked into a spa for a few days... you can relax, deal with the headaches etc. I tried it once, but keeping my regular schedule, and passed out at work... very embarrassing! Just might give it a go again... after all I can close my eyes and envision that I am at The Hydro Stellenbosch, South Africa!

Stella said...

Oh dear! I think if you're lightheaded then you need to be drinking more lemonade. You have to drink a lot to get the required 1200 calories a day. And you know, I'm kind of in a spa like situation. Lots of my work is done from my cozy chalet and yesterday I didn't even leave! So, I agree, it's nice...

But the first time I did it, I sitll worked my ten hour days, I jsut had to cart it all with me!

Tracey Axnick said...

Very interesting video. I do ultimately think if we eat the way nature (God) intended us to, we'd be much MUCH healthier. Fruits, veggies, NOTHING pre-packaged....
I'm sure many if not most of our health problems are from the chemicals, preservatives, hormones, etc. (ie. TOXINS) that are in our food supply.

Good video though - thanks for posting. :)