Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Master Cleanse Begins!



I LOVE this scene with Kelly from the Office. I love that it mocks the Master Cleanse. Last time I did the Master Cleanse was at the end of 2008. I did it for ten days. It was one of the hardest things I have ever done and it made me feel better than almost ANYTHING I have done for my health.

It was living through hell...but it was fascinating to see the changes throughout my body.

I'm planning on doing it another ten days. I might have to make a FEW exceptions because the nature of my job demands that I eat on the job occasionally. But I've made the commitment to eat raw foods if that happens.

The biggest things I can say about the Master Cleanse:

1. Many, many people think I'm crazy for doing it. It causes you to have a fuzzy tongue, grease comes out of skin and hair, you basically "pee" out your bowel movements, you feel sick for awhile before you feel better.

2. The intake of acidic lemons gets rid of the build up of Uric Acid (the thing that cements our joints together causing stiffness, soreness, arthritis (in some). Doing this cleanse once a year is actually REALLY good for your system...at least, it is for my system. I'll be posting more about Uric Acid in the next few days.

3. It's a BIG test for your mental health and an insight on your dependance on food. You can kind of get obsessed by the thoughts of food...and at the same time, you're breaking those food addictions that cause you so much grief. It's a BIG MIND TRIP.


WHY I'M DOING IT--
It starts me off breaking my sugar addictions. It clears my mind and my body of toxins. It focuses me and I feel it will help me build the mindset I need for the next few months and beyond.



There is more, so much more. It takes me two days of ALMOST fasting to work my way up to it. Yesterday and today I did the cleanse BUT ate dinner. Tomorrow is my first day of doing ONLY the cleanse.


And in an hour, I'm going to give myself my first enema at home. Lord help me. Should I blog about that? Or is that too much?

4 comments:

skippylongjacket said...

Blog about it, I want to hear!

As you know, I tried the master cleanse last year and only lasted six or so days out of the ten. Kudos to you for doing the whole thing! Keep up the good work!

About a week and a half ago, I decided to do another cleanse, to detox and get some mental control of my eating habits. This time I purchased a seven day over-the-counter cleanse and a juicer. My goal was only fruit or vegetables and at least one of my juices was a lemon/citrus. I got the desired results - fuzzy tounge, bowel cleaning, etc. However, on day five, I started my period. It was about five days early and scared me because I was using birth control. It worried me enough to stop taking the cleanse and ease back into food earlier than I had hoped. Has anyone had a similar experience or know what in the world happened?

It did help my mental control and now have stuck pretty well to a plan of combination protein and carbs, eating six times a day. I have used this plan in the past and it has worked for me. I look forward to hearing all of your stories as well!

Stella said...

I'm SO glad you brought this up Skippy, because I don't know if I ever mentioned it from the last time I did it. I went back last night and found old blog posts about how I felt when I did the MC the first time. I had to remind myself that it was going to ALL be ok again.

One of the interesting things I found is that I started my period SEVEN days early on it. I freaked out in my journal because I NEVER start early. I am a 27 day to the hour kind of girl with my period.

I always thought it was a sign of the cleanse working. When I googled it just now, many girls had the SAME issue on the cleanse of starting early. I wonder if it puts your body into a bit of a starvation mode so your body expels the collected blood early so it can concentrate on other things? I'm trying to find more information on that.

Also, I did read one comment from a woman who said she feels, for her, that she just can't cleanse right when she's taking birth control. We should look into that more and for now, I think you made the right choice.

skippylongjacket said...

Oh, thank goodness, at least I'm not abnormal! I seriously worried that I'd damaged something or that the birth control was no longer working. Scared me to death! Thanks for the info!

Stella said...

Yeah, I think I was worried when it happened to me too. I think I'll check into that in a bit more depth. It's a good things to know. How do you feel coming off your cleanse?