Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Green Smoothie Recipe!



four tomoatoes
4 garlic cloves
one inch of lemon grass
one vegetable boullion cube
2 tablespoons nama shoyu
1 avocado
1/2 cucumber
4 tablespoons prepared irish moss
1 cup coconut milk powder
1 tsp curry powder
1-2 cup of greens like kale or spinach or romaine. You can even do soaked seaweed like dulse or sea grass
sea salt and cayyenne to taste
1 tablespoon of miso paste
1-2 cups water

Blend and enjoy. You can use warm water-- as it is more soup like.


So--I got the above recipe from a RawFood group I belong to. Things like this seem overwhelming to me because:

1. I do NOT know what "nama shoyu" is!
2. I have NO idea how to prepare irish moss and what it actually is!
3. I have NO idea where you buy lemon grass!
4. I do NOT know where to get coconut milk powder (though it SOUNDS delicious)


I am on a mission to discover the answers to these questions so that raw living can start becoming more natural and easy. If you know the answers, please feel free to comment!


3 comments:

Katherine said...

I have no idea either, but it does sound delicious. Especially the lemon grass. Good luck!

Stella said...

We should try and make one together! I find that I would ahve an easier time trying to do this in America. I barely know what this stuff is, let a lone know what it is in PORTUGUESE!

Holls said...

Shoyu is what we call soy sauce in Hawaii :) Lemon grass can usually be purchased in the produce section of a grocery store - at least in the states... Hope that helps a little!