Saturday, April 24, 2010

Keep Coming


"Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again , come , come." ~Rumi

When I find myself in states of illumination--no matter how seldom or often they come--I reach a level of calmness that doesn't accompany me in times when stress, anxiety, worry, sickness, imbalance tend to rule my life.

I'm coming to find--on this journey to awareness and complete health--that just because I have been aware and perfect one day, does not automatically mean that I will have the same experience tomorrow. It just doesn't. I thought it might...and maybe it will. Maybe I need more practice. Maybe I'll have to work at it every day. I don't know.

Something I am finding completely endearing about the human being, is the ability to hope, try, try, try, and hope some more. When you never give up, you never give up. And there is something truly beautiful in that....even if I'd rather be at a place of not having to keep dealing with the same.


4 comments:

Tracey Axnick said...

Hope is fresh every morning... just like a new sunrise, and a fresh sheet of paper.

Always remember that "Yesterday ended last night."

Sunshine said...

so much truth to what you say. it is truely beautiful that we can renew, that the sun rises every 24 hours. for me cleansing, repenting, baptism, birth, rain, so many things in my life point at just that, try try again.
i've been so greatful for rain to clean the air, to wash out pollen that makes my little Sam so sick.Thanks for the thought.

Stella said...

Thank you ladies. I find so much joy in following both of your blogs. Life is about finding that balance of being gentle with yourself, but also knowing when it's time to grow.

Unknown said...

love your post! It's what I needed. I'm definitely in a low space at the moment, but there's always that hope filtering around in there. Gotta move through it.... :-)