Sunday, April 25, 2010

It's Time To Act



I watched this documentary last night.
It was phenomenal.
It made the problem larger than simply my world.
It made me want to act in ways I've never before imagined.
It made me want to be a voice--to be a solution.
It made me want to help.
It made me want to pay attention.
It made me realize that we need more than just a few voices about what is happening in America.

What is happening in America with food is not happening in other countries--because it has
not been allowed to happen. Norway won't even allow M&Ms to be sold in their country because
of the colored dye used for the candy.

And yet, somehow, somehow, America has become THE Fast Food Nation.

What can we do? What should we do?

2 comments:

rich schulman said...

The solution is not an easy one. The problems are many: culture driven escapism into food. Food is an insidious addiction; powerful everyday temptation.

Hey, It's Ansley said...

Scary! Just added to my netflix list. Maybe I'll do sit-ups while I watch it instead of sitting on my couch.