Saturday, February 20, 2010

Gratitude


Recently I've started doing something that I haven't done in over two years. I started consciously blessing my food. My prayers are not the rote like they used to be. They are not how I used to say them. They are not in any sort of pattern. They come from my heart. They are full of so much gratitude and really really feeling grateful for the good things I am putting in my body.

Some of the good things I put in my body today are apples, spinach, tomatoes, ACV, turmeric, fiber, egg whites, carrots, apricots and fresh organic prune juice! Yum!! (it sounds kind of boring, but somehow, it was SO good today!)

Oh yes, and I've been starting each day off with tea, agave nectar and a dash of peppermint essential oil....perfect on a winter morning.

Gratitude for what you are taking into your body makes you much more conscious of what's being assimilated into it. Awareness, food, body= doing what is best for being your best!

1 comment:

Tracey Axnick said...

I agree 100%! Gratitude is essential! It opens our hearts and minds in ways that are closed until we give thanks.