Saturday, February 13, 2010

Walking on Eggshells


If you want to INSURE that you won't get osteoporosis, it looks like I've found something that's pretty solid to help keep your bones healthy and strong.

Take the shells of the eggs you eat. Wash them out. Boil them on high for about five minutes. Take them and grind them up into a powder (food processor or coffee grinder works) and then put a teaspoon in yogurt, cottage cheese, or whatever else you want to eat it in. This is PURE calcium that is easily assimilated into your bones, rebuilding them and keeping the density super, super strong!

As a sidenote (and what I have to teach my patients) yogurt with sugar is unable to give you the calcium that you need. Sugar blocks the assimilation into the bones. If sugar is bad for your teeth, it's the same for your bones, breaking them down and causing them to get brittle (one of the reasons sugary drinks are the WORST thing for you!)

So, eggshell therapy. I'm starting to do it a few times a week. My grandmother was hunched over by the time she was 70 and it just got worse and worse. I'm going to try and make sure that doesn't happen to me!

1 comment:

Tracey Axnick said...

This is fascinating! I love it when Natural Alternatives are readily available ... (and almost always FAR superior to the vitamins/meds that are pushed on us every day!)

Eggshells here I come!