Saturday, March 6, 2010

Apple Cider Vinegar

In packing my few bags to bring to Europe...what do you think I would bring? Shoes and sweaters and sweet things for my hair? Yes, that's true, but somehow I had to make room for my Apple Cider Vinegar. This stuff works wonders on anything from skin conditions, alkalizing the body, ear aches, varicose veins, acid reflux, losing weight and a million and one other uses. I bought the above book and LOVE it. I adore it! I want to marry it! Not really!! But seriously, I feel like I learn so much when I read it.

I take apple cider vinegar in a shot glass in the mornings and you can bet I slam that shot glass down on my counter and make a big "whoop!" sound when I do. (Straight Vodka would be nothing after this!!) I fill half a shot glass with ACV and the other half with water and I down it. I do this three times. It's truly disgusting. If only you guys could see my morning routine in the kitchen! You would look at me with more respect, I think, because this stuff is DISGUSTINGLY hard to swallow. However, many people mix it with honey and do just fine. I have a friend who puts hers in grapefruit juice and can get it down that way. I just go for it. I don't like to add the extra sugar to my diet because I save those calories for chocolate.

Please note that not all ACV are the same! I only buy Braggs WITH THE 'MOTHER'- (the 'mother' is a cloudy substance at the bottom of the vinegar that shows it's in the natural state and not distilled)-this is very important because other ACVs could be processed and clear and pretty, but they will be too processed to do much good for your body. So always look for Patricia--she's the lady with the hat, she's super cheesy and likes to quote poems about angels, but I love her anyway.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

FINALLY someone who believes in apple cider vinegar as much as I do! Bragg's is the best - it just makes you feel good, you know? Tastes like health. :D

Stella said...

Ellyn! So cool! I have actually started using it as a hair rinse because I heard it was amazing and guess what--it is! My hair is shinier than ever! I wash it and condition like normal, and then I just pour a mixture of water and ACV over it. Leave it in for about three minutes and wash out!

It's the miracle cure all! (like Windex was to the dad on My Big Fat Greek Wedding!)