Thursday, March 4, 2010

That Negative Mind


This week I have been hard at work. I work with people who are sick. I help to make them better. They are mentally and physically sick with an overwhelming negativity about life. They don't feel like they are worth anything. They don't feel like life is worth living sometimes. They starve or stuff or cut themselves. They hurt. They don't want to think these thoughts. They want to feel good and happy. They can't.

I help.

The biggest way that I help is to be a daily presence in their life of positive love energy. I bring kindness with me. I spread compassion. I bring possibility and love and empathy. I do it all in the face of the negative. And I slowly help the negative pathways reconnect to create positive pathways in the brain.

Repetition is key. Every day. For at least a year.

Please, please, for your sake, for your husband and children and family's sake, please be kind to yourself. Right now, this moment. Be gentle. Be loving.

Please do not cultivate guilt, shame, hate, sorrow and negative thoughts about yourself in your mind. Each time you do, you make it more of a habit. These habits ARE breakable. They are! I've seen young girls on the verge of death, 60 pound girls not wanting to live, saying they don't deserve life, I've seen them heal, be whole, be real, be normal, and go on to be shining lights in this world.

I'm sending each of you love and kindness and honor and support. I want each of you to now that you are sensitive. That you try to put others first, and that it's time to start thinking that you are worth it. Because you simply are.

Love is an enegry. It's a force. I'm sending it to you now. Feel it. Let it grow.

You are simply divine.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

That's lovely. Thank you!

Lori said...

Here it is almost 2 am and unable to sleep...I don't get on the computor much these days but thought I would just give it a try to read something and this is what I read. It feels like you wrote this to me. I am grabbing each one of your words and embracing them to my heart and mind. Thank you. More than you know I needed your words. XX

Stella said...

Sweetest L. Indeed my friend, it was written to help you and all my sweet friends who are struggling and suffering with not many to understand them.

Please let me know what I can do for you and how I can be there. You are an inspiration, a light to this world. You know that holding on to any glimmer of hope is the best thing to do in each day you embrace. I love you and cherish who you are.


S

Stella said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracey Axnick said...

You know..... Jesus said everything boils down to really just two simple things: Love God. Love others as you LOVE YOURSELF. People always forget that last little bit don't they? We're so horrible to ourselves.... we say things to ourselves that if other people said them to us, we'd slap them across the face and never, ever speak to them again.
Stella, this was a beautiful post. I'm so glad you put this up here. I think women especially are so critical... just super-harsh towards ourselves.... we reach for this crazy, unattainable perfection (that we'll NEVER reach...) and then continuously beat ourselves up with hateful mind-speak.

Thanks for the reminder to love ourselves. We are precious, one-of-a-kind Creations..... masterpieces by the Creator.

Love, love, love to you ... sweet beautiful girl.

T.

Stella said...

T, I agree. It's only possible to love others as deeply as we want when we love ourselves first. Love you!!

Torrey Jayne said...

I really needed that. Thank you for your love, I'm sending mine right back!